Home Remodeling for Aging in Place
As we (or our parents) get older, we need to start having conversations with loved ones about where we will spend our golden years. Will we move to a retirement community so we no longer have to care for the upkeep of our home and yard? Or do we want to stay in our home for as long as possible?
Many homes are not built for senior citizens, who may have trouble climbing stairs, or are unsteady on their feet or have trouble with faucets and knobs. Home remodeling can help get your home ready for aging in place.
The Dan Banks Company has experience in home remodeling and home additions that make it possible for you to stay in your home for years to come, even if you have some physical disabilities. Typical projects include:
- -Adding a first floor master suite
- -Widening hallways
- -Widening doorways for wheelchair accessibility
- -Installing hardwood floors or vinyl floors to replace the trip hazard of carpet
- -Bathroom remodeling to install a walk in tub or walk in shower and higher toilet
- -Installing grab bars
- -Kitchen remodeling – adjusting the height and / or location of appliances and cabinets for ease of use
- -Installing lever handle doorknobs and faucet handles
- -Adding task lighting and motion sensor lighting
- -Installing ramps
- -Apartment addition for rental income or future caregiver
- -And more
If you’re interested in finding out what the Dan Banks Company can do to make your home more suitable for aging in place, or if you are just looking for a home remodeling contractor, give us a call today at 410-392-9700. Serving Cecil County homeowners since 1991.