6 Signs Your Siding Needs to be Replaced
Most of the time, unless there is an urgent need for siding replacement, it is not at the top of most homeowner’s to-do lists. It may not even be on their radar at all, but perhaps it should be. After all, siding does wear out over time, creating cracks, holes, and even loose siding. But for even the best-maintained siding, there comes a time when repairing or repainting just won’t cut it—a time when you need to replace the siding altogether. Check out these signs for needing a siding replacement:
- Cracks, Gaps, and Holes. If large sections of the siding show signs of cracking, gaps, holes, or even becoming loose, this cause indicate sever problems that may require professional services. Cracks allow moisture to creep into the wood underneath the siding. It’s good to keep in mind that wherever water and moisture can get it, so can critters and insects. While some may not be too big of a deal, others can cause severe damage, such as termites.
- Heating and Cooling Bills Skyrocketing. If you notice that your heating or cooling bills are making a jump in price, it may be because of your siding. Poorly performing siding and wall insulation can be a prime cause for your bills going up. If you feel drafts near your doors or windows, it may be time to look into replacing your siding.
- Moisture, Mold, Fungus, and Mildew. When you notice effects of moisture buildup, whether its rot, mold, fungus, or mildew, you should move quickly to inspect the same spot on the exterior of your home. While not all signs of mold, fungus, and mildew on siding is a cause for alarm, you should investigate further.
- Outdated Color. Siding color plays a great role in the look of your home. If your siding is an obnoxious color, it can be a source of embarrassment. If it’s bad enough, it can even effect the ability to sell your home. If you have this problem, you may want to consider giving your home a makeover with a new siding color.
- Interior Paint and Wallpaper are Peeling. If this happens in your home, this can be a sign that your siding is allowing moisture in. If this problem goes ignored, it can cause more widespread issues later on.
If you’ve noticed any of these issues in your home and are looking to get some quick help, call the Dan Banks Company at 410-392-9700 for a home improvement contractor you can trust to get the job done right. We are a licensed general contractor offering remodeling services and handyman services in Cecil County. Serving Elkton, Rising Sun and North East Maryland areas.