Winterizing Your Home
Did you know the best time for winterizing your home is before the cold weather actually arrives? There are several things you can do to improve your home’s energy efficiency this fall and winter, and The Dan Banks Company can take care of all of them for you. From construction services to handyman services, we have you covered.
- Install energy efficient doors and replacement windows, especially if the existing windows are more than 15-20 years old
- Install storm doors and storm windows for older homes
- Add insulation to your attic, garage and around windows and doors
- Caulk windows and doors and use foam insulation to seal cracks and gaps where two different construction materials meet, and around where pipes enter and exit the home
- Consider insulating your pipes and water heater, especially pipes located in a crawl space or uninsulated area. This can also help keep the pipes from freezing
- Install a programmable thermostat – and use it!
- Install door sweeps on older exterior doors
- Use draft stoppers on interior doors
Call The Dan Banks Company today at 410-392-9700 for all of your home remodeling and handyman services needs. We serve homeowners throughout all of Cecil County.